Our Little Thanksgiving

We have celebrated Thanksgiving early this year. by feasting tonight Thanksgiving isn't until Thursday, like it always is, but we work late on Thursday nights and next weekend Megan and I will be out of town, so it made sense for us to celebrate it this weekend instead. Megan and I had the chance to go to Costco yesterday which allowed us to purchase the bulk of our Thanksgiving food; including the blessed pumpkin pie!
Look at that and tell me that isn't a beautiful sight. You would be lying if you did.
We made a trip to Costco in Taichung about a month ago solely for the purpose of purchasing a pumpkin pie only to be met with disappointment when they didn't have any yet, so when we got one of the last two remaining pies yesterday it felt like a massive victory. Since there are four of us the tradition of gluttony continues; we all got a quadrant of pie. I ate way too much dinner so I ate only a sliver of my quadrant but there is plenty left over waiting for later consumption in the freezer.

 All we had were Taiwanese bouillon cubes for flavoring but the gravy turned out great I think.
My pathetic attempt at cranberry sauce
Sorry Grandpa, but I have failed you. I couldn't remember how to make the cranberry sauce that you have shown me many times before. I tried my best but it was a shell in comparison to what you make. You will forever remain the culinary master.
Pretzel rolls, rotisserie chicken, crackers, and Megan's ballin' dip.
Megan made this unorthodox yet spankin' dip. It's this fusion of spicy-ness with sweet cranberries served over smooth cream cheese. It was really good and I am interested in acquiring the recipe to incorporate into my future feasts.

We cooked out mashed potatoes in the rice cooker and it worked out pretty well. Way to work out well for something rice cooker.


We've had this plan to watch all of the Star Wars films in chronological order close to when Episode 8 comes out so that they are all fresh in our minds. This plan has been on the docket for months but once it came time to execute said plan time conflicts kept arising. We finally watched Episode 1 as our post pig out movie. We pulled up the calendar and we have 7 more Star Wars movies to watch in 4 weeks, so we need to watch 2 a week. Bring it on.

Our Thanksgiving was quaint but it was nice to get together and eat food that tasted a little bit like home during our holiday.

Comments

Popular Posts